Monday 11 March 2013

Nocturnal Sunshine


image source - google

A starry night, a moon-lit haze;
A mystic bluish purple hue,
Reflected subtly on my face,
As I looked up at the vivid glitter-
studded sky,
With awe and glint shining bright
in my eyes

From the distant ambit,
Came by, a chilly breeze, gentle and swift,
Brushing against my sleety skin,
Finding a way through my tresses
All I could feel was numbness, until,
Its whiff reminded me of an endearing caress.

Bewildering magic, was it?

or nature's simple trick?
The night was beyond perfect;
A woozy mind of mine,
It helped to resurrect.

Nothing less than a rhapsody,

It was a night of surreal artistry.
The cornucopia of stars, by all means, 
Drew me closer to its enchanting mystery.

Why is darkness associated with evil,

And daylight a symbol of awakening?
I wondered... And a realization jolted upon me,
'You only open your eyes to what you want to see'

The twinkling of the gilt, no brighter tonight

The intensity of the luminous glow, no different tonight;

Unlocking the doors of my vacillating mind,

Fine-tuning of my ever steady perception,
I thought, were the reasons I could witness here, 
This obscure manifestation.

And so,


I continued gazing at the changing colors, 

So mellow, yet so fine
Unanimously, I was engulfed into the icy warmth,
Of the nocturnal sunshine.


- A


No comments:

Post a Comment